Wednesday, January 12, 2011

First post -- what I learned from the first video

Im going to talk about a few of the things that surprised me during the first video...

First, I didn't realize that you could use "&&" and "||" as quick replacements for if statements. This will be very helpful.
Also, the idea of having a loosely typed language sounds interesting. Im not certain what the benefits could be yet, but it seems like that could come in handy at some point.
Finally, I have always heard javascript referred to as not being an object oriented language, but Douglas's point about it using lots of objects, and it should be thought of as an object oriented language is very interesting.

Most of the other points made were a very good refresher for me. I've dabbled in javascript, but it was a long time ago. However, ive never really had any formal learning javascript experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment